Release date: March 13, 2018
Duration: 98 minutes
With cyber threats coming from every direction, what are credit unions and other companies doing to detect, deter, and decrease the crippling damage?
Learn about their most effective anti-virus practices from attorney Dan Loritz as he discusses:
- Top cyber threats facing credit unions
- Why credit unions need to have a Written Information Security Program (“WISP”) and what it must cover
- Cybersecurity best practices
- What you can learn from the NCUA IT Security Compliance Guide
- Why credit unions should be using the FFIEC Cybersecurity Assessment Tool
- The importance of using your attorney for risk assessments and security breaches so you can take advantage of the attorney-client privilege
MEET THE PRESENTER
Dan Loritz has earned the ANSI-accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) credential through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). The CIPP is the global standard in privacy certification. Developed and launched by the IAPP with leading subject matter experts, the CIPP is the world’s first broad-based global privacy and data protection credentialing program. The CIPP/US demonstrates a strong foundation in U.S. private-sector privacy laws and regulations and understanding of the legal requirements for the responsible transfer of sensitive personal data to/from the U.S., the EU, and other jurisdictions.
Mr. Loritz is a frequent speaker at credit union industry events concerning legal and compliance topics and is the author of numerous publications. Prior to practicing law, he worked as a personal banking officer at a major California bank. He is a member of the State Bar of California and the Financial Institutions Committee of the State Bar of California.