COVID-19, the Corona Virus, came in quietly and leaving human and economic disaster in its wake. Disaster can come in many forms and sizes, not just pandemics. Is your credit union prepared for what may come – pandemics, tornados, wildfires, earthquakes, hurricanes, violence, or terrorism? With so many things that can disrupt business and member services, it’s time to reappraise our whole concept of disaster: proactivity/preparedness, crisis management, recovery, and returning business and activities to 100%.
Steve Gibbs of Cornerstone Resources analyzes and discusses the challenges of business continuity issues and risks in the face of these costly and devastating events. This will include strategies to maintain a robust and evolving Pandemic and Disaster Management Program to include Business Continuity and Resumption Preparedness.
This session examines:
- Elements of effective disaster recovery/business resumption plans
- Preparedness – being proactive with pandemic and disaster
- Protecting members, their savings and their information
- Regulators and local authorities: partners in the success of your plan
- Communication challenges in the face of chaos and disaster
- Recovery and the return to “new normal” – the rebuilding process and expectations