When it comes to credit cards, Truth in Lending has a lot to say.
In this webinar, we explore all the ins and outs of credit card compliance from issuance to error resolution to special rules for deceased cardholders.
We will also be looking at:
- Which rules apply when dealing with college students vs. rules for applicants under 21
- The differences between debit and credit card error resolution requirements
- What constitutes unauthorized use
- How the special credit card rules impact the credit union’s program
- Rules for raising the rate on a credit card
- What you need to know about offering “fixed” rate cards
- How payments must be applied
MEET THE PRESENTER
Mary-Lou Heighs founded Compliance Plus, Inc. to help credit unions with the always changing world of compliance. She joined the credit union movement in 1989 and has worked as a loan officer, marketer, collector as well as almost every position within credit unions. After working in credit unions, she transitioned to the Research and Information department for the California Credit Union League where she provided compliance assistance to all California and Nevada Credit unions. As President of Compliance Plus, Inc. Mary-Lou now provides compliance training all over the country for various Leagues and credit unions nationwide.