Release Date: February 24, 2020
Duration: 90 Minutes
Members want it. Regulators require it. Your credit union needs it. A board made up of financially literate directors. Get the knowledge you need to understand your credit union’s financial condition and satisfy NCUA Regulation 701.4 (b)(3). In this two-part webinar, Tim Harrington, CPA, will help explain the Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
You’ll get a solid basic knowledge of key ratios, profit and capital, trend analysis, risk management, and asset/liability management. You’ll even receive a certificate of completion as verification of your training.
- Basic building blocks of financial understanding
- What regulators look for and why
- Why CAMELs actually matter, and not just from a regulatory standpoint
- Identifying the most important items for a director to watch
- Understanding spread analysis
- Comprehending the importance of capital
Part 2: (Free to League members with purchase of Part 2. Register separately at Fulfilling NCUA Financial Literacy Requirements for Directors, Part 2)
- Key ratios to understand and watch
- Understanding the Allowance for Loan Losses and investment valuations
- Importance of efficiency and how to measure it
- Recognizing different business models, identifying, and understanding yours
- Making sense of asset/liability management
- Risks credit unions face and how to mitigate them
MEET THE PRESENTER
Exploding the stereotype of his profession as a Certified Public Accountant, Tim Harrington is a dynamic public speaker. As an expert in the field of credit unions, he has used his knowledge, wit, and unpretentious delivery to provide consulting and training for thousands of credit unions and tens of thousands of credit union volunteers and staff members nationwide. Tim has made presentations for many national credit union organizations and NCUA, as well as for credit union leagues in forty-eight states, two US territories, Canada and Mexico. In addition, Tim is on the faculty of the CUNA “CU Finance School for Non-Financial Managers and Volunteers”, the CUNA “Volunteer Certification School” and the CUNA “Management School.”
Since 1996, Tim has been President of T.E.A.M. Resources, a firm which provides consulting, strategic planning, and training to large and small credit unions from coast-to-coast. Tim was formerly the Chairman of the Board of a $150 million credit union in Tucson, Arizona, and, prior to that, an Associate Partner with the nation’s 3rd largest auditor of credit unions.