RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 13, 2021
DURATION: 35 Minutes
When Regulation E was first adopted in 1978, the number of electronic transactions was a fraction of what we see now. Keeping up with rule changes and staying compliant was much easier than in today’s electronic environment. How can you stay up to date on Regulation E requirements and issues? Join Crystal Sagum, Compliance Officer with ViClarity for the Regulation E basics and the latest interpretations of recent and future changes to this important regulation.
You will get the answers to these questions and more:
- What account and transaction types are included and excluded by Regulation E?
- What restrictions on certain transfers apply to non-transaction accounts such as share and money markets?
- When must disclosures be given to the consumer?
- What are the International Remittance rules for electronic transmission of funds to other countries?
- What constitutes an unauthorized transaction?
Looking for other Regulation Alphabet Training
- Click here to learn about training on Regulation B: Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Click here to learn about training on Regulation CC: Check Holds
- Click here to learn about training on Truth in Savings Act (NCUA Part 707)
- Click here to learn about training on Regulation V: Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Click here to learn about training on Regulation Z: Truth in Lending Act (TILA)
MEET THE PRESENTER
Crystal Sagum, CUCE, NCRM
With over 12 years of financial services experience, Crystal’s expertise focuses on consumer lending and operations, among a variety of regulatory compliance topics. As a member of our League Compliance Support Team, she provides state and federal compliance guidance and support to California and Nevada credit unions, as well as ViClarity’s affiliated credit union leagues and partners.