Release date: September 13, 2018
Duration: 75 minutes
When you and your California credit union are served a subpoena for member financial information, do you know what steps to take?
Attorney Dan Loritz will answer these questions:
- What are the types of subpoena credit unions receive?
- What items should you look for when determining whether a subpoena is valid?
- What must you communicate to the member? What may you communicate?
- How should the credit union respond if the member objects?
- What steps should the credit union take to produce the information?
- What fees are you entitled to receive for processing subpoenas?
Make sure your credit union is in compliance with subpoena requirements!
MEET THE PRESENTER
As Managing Partner of Okun Loritz LLP, attorney Dan Loritz assists the firm’s clients with bond/insurance claims, business and consumer deposit and lending documentation, contract review and negotiation, regulatory compliance, employment law and personnel issues, and privacy matters.
Dan is a frequent speaker at credit union industry events concerning legal and compliance topics and is the author of numerous publications. Prior to practicing law, Dan worked as a personal banking officer at a major California bank. He is a member of the State Bar of California and the Financial Institutions Committee of the State Bar of California.