Release date: July 17, 2019
Duration: 90 minutes
Do you know how to establish and maintain member trust accounts in California?
Some of your members will expect you to know. Let compliance expert Mary-Lou Heighes give you the basic knowledge and the confidence you need to open and successfully administer these distinctive account structures, including Living Trusts, Totten Trusts, Uniform Transfer to Minors, and Coogan accounts. In addition, this session will outline the setup of Representative Payee accounts and Conservatorships.
You’ll get the answers to these questions and more:
- Should you change an individual account to a trust account?
- What information should a Certification of Trust contain?
- Must the trustors all be credit union members?
- Who signs the share account agreement, the trustee or trustor?
- Can the trustor transact business on the account?
- What happens if a trustee resigns or dies?
- What special trust structures might be used for a minor?
MEET THE PRESENTER
Mary-Lou Heighes is President and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has been helping financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training nationwide for various trade associations and financial institutions and also speaks at numerous financial institution conferences throughout the country. Mary-Lou has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools and conducts dozens of webinars for organizations throughout the country.